As promised, I definitely made more delicious things with cauliflower. This time it’s a vegan soup!
Same idea as the alfredo, you just add a bit more milk of choice in order to thin it out to soup consistency. Super easy and yummy.
On a related note, has anyone else told you the best way to clean a food processor or blender? Apparently, you add a little soap and water, and let it run for a few minutes. Presto, much cleaner food processor! I can’t believe I didn’t know this until now but it certainly makes my life easier. =)
On an unrelated note, I just found this amazing product that is supposed to provide all the nutrients you need in a drink! It’s based on science, not crazy diet fads, so I am thoroughly intrigued. The idea is that it could replace food altogether and make cooking a hobby, which I think is really interesting. I do love cooking, and certainly would never give it up, but the idea of having a quick, cheap drink for breakfast or lunch with oodles of nutrients is pretty awesome. I just ordered some & am going to give it a try. I’ll let you know how it goes once I receive it in early 2014!
Anyway, back to the soup!
Creamy mushroom soup (adapted from Healthful Pursuit)
2 cups cauliflower, frozen or fresh
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup milk of choice
2 teaspoon onion powder
8 oz mushrooms
2 tbsp butter of choice
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Add broth and cauliflower to a pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in a separate pan with a little olive oil, for several minutes or just until tender.
- After cauliflower is softened, add to food processor with onion powder and butter; blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk and continue blending until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour cauliflower mixture back into saucepan and stir in mushrooms. Heat several minutes until soup is desired temperature. Add salt & pepper to taste.