So, it was my birthday this past Wednesday! I’m 22 now!
Patrick came down to surprise me, and stayed just until today. I felt super special. It has been a lovely couple of days & it was nice to have him around. 🙂
I didn’t really have any plans for my birthday, but I ended up sharing cake with my roommates & Patrick, chatting with everyone, and playing this awesome board game Patrick gave me. It was a wonderful time indeed. Simple, but perfect.
I made myself a birthday cake that is chalked full of blueberries because they are my favorite. It’s definitely not a super sweet cake, as I don’t like crazy sugary things. It is definitely moist & light, but crazy delicious. Everyone who tasted it agreed it was pretty yummy. 🙂
Blueberry cream cheese frosting
16 oz 1/3 fat cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c blueberries
1. Blend together until smooth.
Very blueberry cake (adapted from dailyswadsugandh.com)
1 cup fresh blueberry
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk of choice
½ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare 9″ cake pan by spraying with olive oil and lightly flouring.
2. In a bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
3. In a separate bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Stir through flour mixture until combined well.
4. In a large bowl, beat oil, milk, apple cider vinegar and sugar on medium speed by using hand mixture until combined well.
5. Then add vanilla essence and flour mixture, mix together and beat on medium speed until well combined.
6. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
7. Fold in the blueberries and stir with a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed.
8. Pour the cake batter evenly in the prepared cake pan.
9. Bake the cake for 60-80 minutes until a toothpick / cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn over the cooling rack and cool completely.