When I make pizza, I tend to be that person that puts a ridiculous amount of sauce, cheese, vegetables, etc, on top, and then suddenly my pizza is way too loaded with everything.
Not that I mind horribly.
But, I thought it’d be fun to make a deep dish pizza for once, where I can literally fill the crust with all my favorite toppings & have no limit!
It was a good life choice. Mmm. Still happy about this one.
Deep dish pizza
Homemade pizza crust
2 small cans tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp black pepper
Other toppings – black olives, mushrooms, spinach
Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Make pizza crust & set aside to rise.
- Saute vegetables with a little olive oil and italian seasoning.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Press pizza crust into 13×9 inch pan. Bake crust for 5 minutes at 450 F.
- Pour tomato/topping mixture into crust. Sprinkle cheese on top if desired. Bake another 15-25 minutes.