Mmmmm I love spaghetti. So comforting & delicious!
Since I made way too much delicious tomato sauce for my pizza, I decided to add a bit more water to thin it out & make spaghetti!
I made these meatballs before with mac & cheese, which was amazing. So I figured I’d make them again!
(I know the term “meatballs” doesn’t really work here, but I don’t know what else to call them. Mushroom-balls? Eh. I’ve heard “neatballs” before but that sounds kinda ridiculous.)
I also discovered the best drink ever! I hardly ever drink water, but I do love flavored water. Problem is, it’s often expensive & has weird things added to it.
Juice is too full of sugar. Soda is just all around a bad idea. Tea is wonderful, but what about when I want a cool drink?
Enter, homemade flavored water! Simply take a bunch of any fruit you like (not apples or bananas though, berries work great or even certain herbs like mint), put it in a pitcher, fill it up with water, and let it sit for awhile. I just bought frozen mixed berries and dumped them all in, and my water tastes amazing! Mmmm. You can add sweeteners if you want, but I just like it plain & simple.
Anyway, spaghetti recipe time. =)
Mushroom meatballs (adapted from Oh My Veggies)
1/2 c. dried brown lentils
1 c. water
8 oz. mushrooms
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. vegetable broth
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
salt + pepper to taste
- Combine lentils and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for only 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and lentils to food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Stir in mushroom-lentil mixture. Cook until browned.
- Stir in broth, soy sauce, oats, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook until liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once mixture is cool enough to work with, shape it into meatballs. Place in muffin tins or just on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or just until browned.